Hispanics in an Axis Victory?

This was something I always wondered, what would become of Hispanics/Latinos if the Nazis managed to win and take over North America and potentially South America as well? There was support for fascism in Latin American countries (Argentina the Nazi haven), but at the same time I'm not sure if they met the criteria for Aryanism or be an honorary Aryan ala East Asians. Would the Nazis be indifferent to them or would they lump them into the same group of "undesirables." Discuss.

Pretty ASB? No, purely, 100% ASB. Fascists, IE American fascists and their allies yes, but Nazi's, the uniquely German brand of fascism is pure, unadulterated ASB.
I'm pretty aware its next to impossible for Nazi Germany to take over America without some major PODs, but regardless I wondered what would become of Latin Americans.

I'm pretty aware its next to impossible for Nazi Germany to take over America without some major PODs, but regardless I wondered what would become of Latin Americans.

Probably white-hispanic led fascist client states with vary levels of genocide against their native populations. Apartheid states rather than the German model might be more common, with the purity of blood style of racial hierarchy being reintroduced and in greater force (with reality being more like the image displayed in the famous casta paintings (in the delineation of the hierarchy, not the indigenous people being savages, etc) , rather than the true reality, where it was significantly more fluid).

I think this poster sums it up pretty well in regards to the attitude in this forum. People get so hung up on this undefinable notion of “plausibility” that more often than not, the actual question of “What if” is completely ignored in favor of rehashing “how” a thousand times, making something that should have an infinite pool of creativity and originality become dull and boring.

I don't think it's ASB, but around these parts, it's one of those scenarios that might as well be as far as most people see it. And since it is, debate about it is mostly impossible as people get so hung up on the plausibility that it basically goes no where. Just look at here. Most people are talking about why and how Germany can be split, when the question was about the effects of it. And some will retort that you need to know the whys and hows in order to get to the effects, but really debate about such things go nowhere, because no one can agree on anything, and whole threads like these essentially bring out nothing productive for the OP. Which is why a section in which things like this could go on without having all the talk about the hows and whys would be very nice. ASB doesn't work because that forum is for the most part a place where most questions are, IMO, exercises in just coming up with wacky scenarios.

I think this poster sums it up pretty well in regards to the attitude in this forum. People get so hung up on this undefinable notion of “plausibility” that more often than not, the actual question of “What if” is completely ignored in favor of rehashing “how” a thousand times, making something that should have an infinite pool of creativity and originality become dull and boring.

Asking “how?” is important because it drastically and fundamentally influences the WI. If a Nazi-FashAmerica alliance is exerting it’s influence in South America, that’s going to be very different from some other route to a fash status quo in Latin America. And then you need to get into what exactly the FashAmerica’s ideology, organs and bases of power are to really investigate how it’s going to influence Latin America. But then(!) this has undoubtably affected the other player necessary via the OP: Nazi Germany. What’s the difference between OTL and ITTL Nazi Germany by the time period we’re looking at? How much more influence can it exert in Latin America? Has Fancoist Spain gotten so much pillage and slave output it can mess around as a third-rate power in Latin America? Is it the ideological basis of a Hispanofascist movement, or a purely Spanish one, or maybe even an Iberofascist one? Are they doing anything in Latin America? What about Mexico? Are they Clericalist, or a Mexicanized version of more classic Italian fascism, or something else? How are they doing economically? Which countries were demolished in WWII? Any of the Hispanic ones? Which Hispanic countries were fighting, and on which side?

In the realistic version of an Axis victory scenario (that is, the United Kingdom sues for peace early, the United States never enters the war, and Germany ends up dominating Europe from the English Channel to the Urals), most of Latin America will be firmly in the American sphere of influence, though various right-wing dictators in the region may exhibit various degrees of willingness to break ranks and join the German sphere.

Asking “how?” is important because it drastically and fundamentally influences the WI. If a Nazi-FashAmerica alliance is exerting it’s influence in South America, that’s going to be very different from some other route to a fash status quo in Latin America. And then you need to get into what exactly the FashAmerica’s ideology, organs and bases of power are to really investigate how it’s going to influence Latin America. But then(!) this has undoubtably affected the other player necessary via the OP: Nazi Germany. What’s the difference between OTL and ITTL Nazi Germany by the time period we’re looking at? How much more influence can it exert in Latin America? Has Fancoist Spain gotten so much pillage and slave output it can mess around as a third-rate power in Latin America? Is it the ideological basis of a Hispanofascist movement, or a purely Spanish one, or maybe even an Iberofascist one? Are they doing anything in Latin America? What about Mexico? Are they Clericalist, or a Mexicanized version of more classic Italian fascism, or something else? How are they doing economically? Which countries were demolished in WWII? Any of the Hispanic ones? Which Hispanic countries were fighting, and on which side?

Sure the "how" is to some extent important, however the OP answered it with: "if the Nazis managed to win and take over North America and potentially South America as well?" The OP is specifically asking what the role Hispanics played in Nazi racial thought and if and how the Nazis would act out on those beliefs if they were given the power to do so. Instead of answering this question, you rejected it entirely, replacing it with a different scenario. After further prompting from the OP, you finally answered his "what if" without differentiating the two scenarios which you claim is so important.

My critique is not asking a limited "how", rather what you and most members of the forum tend to do. Instead of actually answering the "what if" and providing several answers for several scenarios, most forumites seem to ask for minute, tedious detail (to the point of creating a whole TL), never coming to an agreement for the "how" due to your own perceptions of what "plausibility" is, thus neglecting the "what if" entirely.